Following the Government’s announcement on Monday that the limit on the number of people at a gathering will rise from 10 to 100 from midday on Friday 29 May, the Club is pleased to announce less restrictive arrangements for playing and using facilities at the Club under Alert Level 2.
- From now, members may book courts online or on the computer in the lobby as per the procedures prior to COVID-19 lockdown.
- Club days for tennis and squash will start from Saturday 30 May. Squash interclub will also re-start. Any squash interclub players or potential players who have not heard from Nicole (Squash Club Captain) should email her at email@example.com
- The Clubhouse including changing-rooms, toilets, showers, and kitchen will re-open for full use from 29 th May.
- The bar will be open provided a single authorised person is in charge. The committee are currently reviewing this list and Brad will be in touch with a more expansive checklist for authorised bar person. There will be new bar procedures in place which will be visible on a notice at the club.
- Events are permitted subject to the limit of 100 people.
Existing rules that remain in place
- Check in using the QR code or online on arrival at the Club. This is important in order to continue with the new arrangements!
- Sensible physical distancing.
- Minimise contact with common touch areas (e.g. tennis nets, squash court walls).
- Make use of sanitizer stations provided throughout the club including hand sanitiser, spray and wipe or disposable wipes. Remember washing your hands in the bathroom is still the best course of action.
- Stay at home if you feel unwell or have been in contact with someone with Covid-19 symptoms!
Our club manager, Brad Watts, has prepared further details about the revised arrangements including a Thorndon Club Covid-19 Safety Plan. These will be on display at the Club.
Please note that now we have moved out of level 3, the concession to allow family who are not Club members to play at the Club without charge has ended. We hope that those who played and enjoyed it will join up! Otherwise, they may play on payment of a visitor fee of $5 per hour. Please contact Brad to organise a visitor fee contactless payment via invoice.